Management rejects claims about worrying situation at HRT

The management board of the HRT public broadcasting corporation on Tuesday denied claims by the head of the Croatian Journalists' Association (HND), Sasa Lekovic, that the situation at the HRT was worrying and that as many as 70 people had been replaced over the last two months.

The HRT management board said that the changes launched in the last two months were aimed at raising professional standards and financially stabilising the public broadcaster.

It said that the HND's statement contained a lot of untruths, noting that only the HRT director-general and the HRT Programme Council director had been relieved of their duties for failure to fulfil their obligations under the law, while most other executives and editors had been relieved at their own request.

Last update: Tue, 03/05/2016 - 21:00


More from Croatia

Croatia to launch consultations with EC on EEZ

The government at its first session on Thursday instructed the Foreign Ministry to start consultations with members...

Plenkovic says Croatia won't let INA become MOL's subsidiary

The main targets of the four-year term of the new government are to ensure a stable growth, create new jobs, halt ...

Israel thankful to Croatia and Tanzania for softened UNESCO resolution

The Jerusalem Post on Thursday published an article on how Israel managed to get a toned-down resolution which...

HT revenues stagnate, net profit rises in first nine months

The Croatian Telekom (HT), posted a net profit of 752 million kuna in the first nine months of 2016, while its...

Helsinki Committee urges govt involvement in fate of post-WWII victims

ZAGREB, Oct 26 (Hina) - The executive board of the Croatian Helsinki Committee for Human Rights (HHO) on Tuesday...