Enterprise Minister Darko Horvat announced on Wednesday a simpler procedure for the absorption of money from EU funds.
He explained that the current complex procedure for withdrawing EU funds had been imposed by the Croatian authorities, and the new government would simplify it.
The minister attended the 14th meeting of Zagreb County business people at which Zagreb County Prefect Stjepan Kozic said county entrepreneurs had continued the positive trend of successful business operations in 2015.
Reporters covering the event asked Minister Horvat to comment on the announcements by Public Administration Minister Dubravka Jurlina Alibegovic regarding austerity measures in the government.
"Apart from my salary I do not want any other benefit that comes with the ministerial position. If necessary, I will use my own telephone, I am prepared to do that. I am not using a family separation allowance or an apartment at this moment and I do not plan to use those in the future either. Why all ministers don't do that as well, that is a good question," Horvat said.