Minister launches construction of building for 21 socially vulnerable families

Regional Development and EU Funds Minister Tomislav Tolusic marked the start of the construction of a residential building in the southern Croatian town of Benkovac on Monday, worth EUR 1.32 million.

The project is financed by the Regional Housing Programme, managed by the Council of Europe Development Bank, and is aimed at providing housing for the most vulnerable categories of refugees and displaced persons.

The main donor is the European Union, the Regional Development and EU Funds Ministry said in a statement.

The building in Benkovac will accommodate 21 families. A total of 75.5% of the building costs will be covered by the Fund, while Croatia will cover the rest (24.5%).

Last update: Mon, 04/04/2016 - 16:30

More from Croatia

Protesters call for termination of Croatia-Holy See agreements

Around 400 people rallied in downtown Zagreb on Saturday to demand the termination of the agreements between Croatia...

Croatian PM: There's no reason to put up border fences for now

Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic said on Saturday that at the moment he did not see any need to put up...

Croatia's first freshwater aquarium opens in Karlovac

Aquatika, Croatia's first freshwater aquarium to be built almost entirely with EU funds, was opened in Karlovac on...

Plenkovic: Restoring belief in European project key task for European leaders

Restoring belief in the European project and fighting populism is the most important task for European leaders,...

Croatian companies looking for new business opportunities in Azerbaijan

About 60 Croatian business people from 35 companies will visit Azerbaijan next week to take part in a business forum...