Police in Jakarta increased to four the number of civilians who died in a bomb and gun attack by suspected Islamist militants in the city centre on Thursday.
A bystander who worked in a local branch of a Thai bank died Saturday evening in hospital, Jakarta police spokesman Muhammad Iqbal said Sunday.
"He was shot in the head and he had been in a coma ever since the attack," Iqbal said.
The other three civilians killed in Thursday's attack were a Canadian national and two Indonesians.
Police had earlier said they were not sure whether one of the Indonesians was an attacker or a bystander.
"The total fatalities now increased to eight, four were civilians while four others were the attackers," Iqbal said.
Indonesian police arrested 12 people on Saturday in connection with the assault, when several bombs exploded at a police post and a Starbucks cafe near the Sarinah shopping centre in central Jakarta.
One of the attackers identified by police had been sentenced in 2010 to seven years in prison for being involved in a paramilitary training camp in Aceh, but was given early release.
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, the militia's news agency al-Amaq said, but that claim has not been verified.
Indonesia has faced problems in recent years with extremist violence, often linked to jihadi groups, and it is estimated that hundreds of its citizens have joined Islamic State in the Middle East.