Three Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria set free

Three Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria last year were set free Saturday after 10 months in captivity.

Antonio Pampliega, Jose Manuel Lopez and Angel Sastre were in Turkey and in good condition, government sources in Madrid confirmed to dpa.

The journalists, including one photographer, had reported from Syria as freelancers for various news media.

The men crossed from Turkey into Syria on July 10 and were last seen in a rebel-held district in the eastern part of the city of Aleppo.

Last update: Sun, 08/05/2016 - 00:00

More from World

US abstains for first time from UN vote condemning Cuban embargo

The United States abstained for the first time in 24 years from a vote in the UN General Assembly urging an end to...

Venezuelans demand end to "dictatorship" as tensions surge

Venezuela's political crisis escalated Wednesday as the opposition announced a general strike and threatened to...

Monitor: Death toll rises to 35 in bombing of Syrian rebel village

The death toll from Wednesday's airstrikes near a school complex in a rebel-held village in north-western Syria has...

US pushing for TTIP deal ahead of Obama's Germany trip

The United States said Wednesday it is continuing to push forward with a US-European trade agreement with the "...

2016 deadliest year for migrants in Mediterranean, UN agency says

This year has been the deadliest ever for migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean to Europe, with at least 3,800...